Saturday, April 6, 2013

Through Thick & Thin.....


  

I had a wonderful day today....my Cousin Alyssa had her bridal shower today and it looked beautiful and was such a nice time! I am so glad that Alyssa, Kelli and Myself stayed close...I know sometimes family can separate and drift a part, but I am just so blessed that we all stayed in each others lives and I know will continue to do so...I love you Lyss and I hope you had a wonderful time at your shower...I can't wait for You and Tyler's BIG day and to be there to celebrate with You both, it will be here before You know it!



On another note and this in no way has to do with anyone in particular just something I often wonder about ...why is it that cancer completely can change the way someone looks at you...I'm not trying to bitch or complain here because like I have said before I have a great support system but I've seen this in other situations when people get sick...people who you thought would be there for you just seem to disappear...it's like the word cancer masks the complete person that You are and people just seem to change. It's sad to Me that people have to do that. You are still the same person...still the same friend/loved one that you have always been. I personally don't understand it...I couldn't imagine knowing someone going through a medical issue or rough time in general and just completely stop talking to them or being able to go on with my life and not even try to reach out knowing what that person was going through....I have definitely felt this way at times during my diagnosis...people who I thought would be there ..just aren't anymore..I realized that in the end I will always have my Husband & Family and I am completely happy with that...it's just something I guess that I wanted to talk about because it completely boggles my mind...I just know in the end the people who truly are there for me will be the ones who really matter and will be the ones that are supposed to be in my life.Trust me I know cancer or any kind of sickness in general is a very scary thing...many people probably don't know what to say or how to approach someone...but just remember, they are the same person that they have always been...maybe a little weaker, maybe more tired...maybe even in some ways not as fun as they once were but that doesn't mean they should be treated any differently..does it? I would think you would want to cherish as many memories as possible with that person but I guess sometimes people feel that's not what is important..oh well what are you gonna do?


Also want to share with you sunshine bag #3 from my Aunt Kath! I love it...and I am wearing the cozy socks right now as I am typing :) Thank You soo much Aunt Kath!! I love You!! Till next time my friends....
A journal, awesome inspirational book, a beautiful beaded pink Rosary, fun picture frame, and super cozy monkey socks!





3 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with you sista...the people who are suppose to be in our lives will make the effort to do that. Unfortunately, through hard times is when we really see the test of our relationships with friends and family. It's sad, but so true. Love you Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krisitn your an amazing person! I am soo grateful to have you in my life and will forever. It makes me soo happy when i look back with all the memories i have with you and Kelli, and how many more we will make. I am so thankful of who you are as a person and how you help me grow to be a better person every day. Never change and dont let people bring you down or tell you any different! Im always here through thick and thin for you and will love you more than you know:)- Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin, in reading your "Through Thick and Thin" article I see that you answer your own question (i.e. "...many people probably don't know what to say or how to approach someone...). Don't spend too much time trying to figure it all out because it really is simply human nature and everyone reacts differently to different situations. Stay strong and think of good times. Spend your time creating more good memories with those closest to you. We are all your fans. Even though we cannot be there with you, we do keep you in our hearts and minds. Lots of Love from NH.

    ReplyDelete