Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Lydia Project, Chemo, and Wilma & Fred.....

I wanted to blog today to not only share the picture of my next sunshine bag, but also to give you more of an update of where things are since starting the chemo...first off sunshine bag #3...another gift from my awesome sister but this is also from The Lydia Project. The Lydia Project is a foundation started for women who are coping with cancer. They provide free services for any woman anywhere going through any type of cancer.They send out words of encouragement, little pick me up gifts and financial help. They hand make totes and send them out to women who are fighting. I received my tote just the other day and I love it! Thank You Kelli for finding this amazing foundation! Also if anyone knows a women who is fighting cancer and thinks that She needs a pick me up( which I don't know any cancer patient that wouldn't!) Please visit www.thelydiaproject.com to request a tote. Here is a picture of my tote and a few little goodies inside!
My awesome tote, lotion, tissues and a journal


So this chemo business isn't terrible but not the greatest either but I can't complain. All in all I am feeling okay on it. My biggest complaints would be upset stomach and finding many things that I loved before to be unappetizing...although I look at this as a good thing because I am tending to eat a lot more fruits and veggies and healthier stuff so i guess that isn't a complaint. Also, I am in a fog all the time which really sucks...I used the word cancer brain before but this takes it to a whole different level. I now have what they call chemo brain. I have heard about this before but thought maybe since I wasn't taking the traditional chemo that I wouldn't have that side effect but since it is still chemo that comes along with it. I was scared at first because I thought something else was wrong with me but then I asked a few of my other medullary thyroid friends who are on the caprelsa if this is a normal feeling and they assured me that it is, so that made me feel better and that I wasn't just going crazy! I also definitely noticed how sensitive my skin is to the sun...yesterday I was out for just a little bit with my dog when I was over at my parents house and totally forgot about sunscreen...so when I got home I was like shit...it feels like I have freaking sunburn and I indeed did...I was fully covered too but just that little bit in the sun with my face exposed was enough. Lesson learned. So besides these little hiccups, like I said all in all I am feeling well and I know it could be a lot worse so again I feel blessed.

I want to share one more picture with all of you...this is totally random but this morning I was outside replanting some daffodils and a few months ago Jon and I put up a bird feeder and these 2 birds always come around....I'm pretty sure they are boyfriend and girlfriend because whenever we see them they are always together :) Jon and I named them Wilma and Fred. I caught them together this morning right outside my door so snapped a quick picture. Until next time....
Wilma & Fred

4 comments:

  1. Great find Kelli! Glad you like your newest bag Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is cute sista! Glad you like it! Are these birds pigeons? You know how much I hate birds, but they aren't too scary! haha At least they aren't seagulls! lol
    Love ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are doves. They are always in pairs. They are ground feeders (eating the seeds that have fallen from the feeders).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they were doves but wasn't sure! I thought they were cute! lol
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete