Monday, July 15, 2013

Amazing Grass.....No, not the kind you smoke ;)

Here is my review so far on Amazing Grass Green Superfood drink that I have been drinking on a daily basis. I drink 1-2 servings per day. This shake contains ingredients that are all 100% natural and organic. The ingredients are as follows; Acai, Alfalfa, carrot powder, blueberries, Goji Berries, Maca, rose hips, banana, barley grass, brown rice protein, organic dutch cocoa, cacao, hemp protein, digestive enzymes and active cultures(what is in yogurt) hemp seeds, green tea, flax seed powder, wheat grass powder, kale and many more good natural healthy ingredients. I was a little worried about the taste at first because I have tried a tea that is supposed to help the immune system before and I couldn't get past the taste/smell ..it tasted like rotten cabbage and I gagged every time I drank it..I actually enjoy drinking these shakes...they definitely have a earthy taste to them but very tolerable and I look forward to drinking it everyday. I actually missed a shake one day and felt like crap!!! I mix 1-2 scoops of the healthy concoction with 1 -2 oz of purified water( no tap water because who knows what chemicals are in that water!) and the rest with 7oz a low fat milk or you can also do a regular soy milk, almond soy milk or chocolate almond soy milk to boost the chocolate flavor...I never tried it with almond milk but would like to! So I  have been drinking this for about a week and this is what I noticed...I feel like I have a lot more energy most of the time..it gives me an instant energy boost! I also feel that by drinking it it helps to keep me fuller longer and I don't feel like I am suppressing any vitamins or food since I know it has all this good stuff in it! With the chemo I got the big D pretty much every day and that has almost completely stopped I think I may have gotten it once the entire week. I noticed the chemo induced acne has gotten a bit better so far. My body feels overall healthier and my mind feels a bit sharper at times....so far I would give this products an "A" I haven't been on it long enough to really get a good feel for it but so far so good I think. The only thing I would change is that it would mix a little bit better because I find that at the end of my drink some of the chunks of wheat grass are at the bottom and its a bit scratchy to swallow. I will keep everyone updated on how this product works for me and if it possibly does anything to the cancer tumors when I get my scans...I am not drinking this to think it will be some cure but I just want to give myself a good environment so that cancer can't grow as rapidly so we will see... I have read about superfoods to help with cancer quite a few times and so I decided what the hell I am going to give this a try...can't hurt!!.I know I have many many more changes to make with myself but one step at a time!! Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. very interesting! I'm glad you are getting positive feelings and effects so far sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still enjoying these? I keep thinking I should add some kind of shake to my diet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronice... I do still drink these 1-2 times a week and I really enjoy it...I was drinking it daily but because of the wheat grass and such it was binding me up a little too much...so I changed it to 1-2 times a week and its given me a good balance since then!

      Delete