Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Inspiration and Strength....

I have been feeling pretty decent lately....I'm starting to adjust more and more to having cancer and just accepting it as a part of my life. I'm trying not to let it take over and to just live life as normal as possible...but what is normal now a days :P I've been feeling more like myself lately...I think part of that has been because I've been trying to get out more and do more things and it feels good. I'm trying not to let the tiredness affect me too much although I know some days I just need to rest and that is OK. I have used my cancer as a crutch or excuse in the past and I will admit I still do at certain times and I want to try really hard not to. I want to just start really living and experiencing different things. I want to explore and to just be happy. I am getting there. I will always have my days where I cry or am upset or think about things but I try not to let there be too many days like that. It's funny some days I don't feel sick at all...I love days like that but also have to be careful because I usually over do it a little when I feel like that and then the next few days are not the greatest. Like I always say though just gotta take one day at a time...



 I have been following a little girl Talia Castellano...I saw her about a week ago on Ellen and she blew my mind. She is 13 and is in the fight of her life battling 2 different forms of cancer since the young age of 7. She has been doing makeup since she has been very young and her talent is astounding. She is not only beautiful on the outside but is such a beautiful young soul on the inside as well. Her smile is contagious and she completely inspires me with her strength. Sometimes these children who are fighting illness are the most inspiring of all..they always have a smile or a laugh and are so upbeat and positive. Its amazing how one person who you don't know can touch your life... Talia has been in the hospital and continues to fight very hard. I pray that God gives her strength to get through this and gives her and her family peace and comfort.
Beautiful Talia

Amazing makeup she does
until next time...

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your feeling more like yourself! You are always welcome to come hang out with me whenever you feel like it! I love ya sista. Talia is so pretty..I love her make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it has been a while but I am here for you whenever you need me. :-) We should get together sometime soon and reminisce about cosmetology school days, lol and to just catch up together. Oh my, I have to just laugh just thinking about those times. Miss ya girl. <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you kelli!! Hey Brittany! How are things going for you...its been soo long!! hope things are well!! I would love to get together sometime and reminisce! Also I heard you know Kristin Lefever ...I am very good friends with her...small world! I am thinking a possible girls night?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you are feeling more like yourself! Don't beat yourself up too bad when you have a rough day or don't feel like doing something. WE LOVE YOU!
    (Jason, Ronice, McCartney)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this wonderful image and post. I have a relative w/cancer and now that all treatments are stopped and her time is at "grateful for whatever is left" her fb wall doesn't get so many posts. I try to find inspirations that might be comforting but so hard to find ones just for the moment and not the future. I want to keep posting to her. This one is perfect. I hope you win your battle. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete