Sunday, July 28, 2013

Footprints in the sand.......




Not having my best couple days ever...but have to keep in mind that it could be A LOT worse and there are many many people in this world who suffer with physical or mental pain on a daily basis so I always try to remember no matter how bad I think the day is I know I am very fortunate. I have been having a lot of anxiety lately ....I'm thinking it would be due to the fact that this week and next week are my scan and results appointments and I ALWAYS get worked up before them....I need to remember that this is my life and its always going to be a part of my life now so its best that I get used to it but as always that little anxiety comes creeping in....Some of my meddie friends on my online meddie support group( meddie meaning medullary thyroid cancer survivors) were talking about that little voice inside our head when we have a pain or ache and a lot of times the first thing we think of is "oh no, where did the cancer go in our bodies now?" I think that has been my biggest challenge is remembering just because I may not feel good or have a pain does not necessarily mean that the cancer is progressing more and sometimes it is just me being a crazy person. I came to realize that me feeling like this is actually a normal feeling but I'll tell you what it drives me up the wall...I hate not knowing if I have something as simple as a cold or if it is caused by the cancer...it sucks royally! I realized how powerful the mind can be since being diagnosed...it can literally make you go a little loopy if you let it... My Dad and I have also talked about this several times...My Dad and I can relate a lot because we are both battling illnesses...my dad is a MS( Multiple Sclerosis) warrior in my eyes and he gets pains and aches and doesn't know if its normal or if its the MS .....although I pray and wish neither of us were going through what we are, it is nice to have someone to relate to in many ways even though we are both battling very different illnesses we can still relate the same in many ways as well. I love that I can just talk to my Dad about things that maybe other people might not get. God must really think My Dad and I are a couple of bad asses and He knows we can handle this. We all have our crosses to bear and this is ours.... I want to end my little blog today with a little story called Footprints in the Sand...I am sure many of you have heard this....Jon and I love this soo much, that we have a copy hanging in our living room so when we are down it lifts us right up again...I hope it can help anyone struggling right now to remember that even at times when we feel we can no longer go on or that things seem hopeless...there is always hope and God will always be there to lift you up and carry you when you are at your lowest....until next time....

1 comment:

  1. You and your dad ARE badasses and we pray for you every day!!! <3

    ReplyDelete