Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Be a leader not a follower.








I used to be a very weak person and let people take advantage of me all the time. I was a follower and just did what I thought was" cool" or just went along with things. I never stood up for myself. This cancer gave me a BIG reality check and made me change for the good. I am now a very strong individual who doesn't let people walk all over me or take my friendship or kindness for granted....I still give people chances but I am now not afraid to let people go out of my life who don't bring any benefit to my life or who are only in the "friendship or relationship" for selfish reasons. There comes a time in your life when enough is enough and you can only do so much for people and then it becomes up to them to change. I always give people that chance, In the past maybe even too much of a chance,but you can only give so many chances before its too much to handle. I'm not saying its an easy thing to "let" people go out of my life that once meant something but I know I can stand on my own if needed...I've thought in the past that I needed to have all of these friends and people in my life to feel or look like a better person...but I realized how wrong that is...I would rather have 1 genuine friend that a bunch who don't GENUINLY give a shit about me..Not saying that I would want to be alone because I truly know I couldn't live without my amazing Husband and my immediate family. They are my world and have been so helpful to keep me going and fighting this cancer and have shown me the true meaning of caring for a person unconditionally and I am forever thankful for that and that God gave me such a supportive and amazing family and I feel blessed in that way. The cancer has made me realize that I am worth it and I am now stronger then ever and I will cut negative people out of my life immediately if necessary. I no longer surround myself with these negative people...Negative and pessimistic people do nothing for the world or for themselves. I can no longer stand people that bitch and complain about something but do nothing to change it or to better themselves. It gets old.Whatever happened to simplicity...why does everything have to be so complicated....why is it so hard to truly be a friend or to care for someone without being selfish...you don't see that much now a days...I have too many times in the past let my guard down too soon to someone and then got shit on in return but like I said that will happen no more. If someone truly wants to be in my life they will make the effort and in return I will give my all to that person...but I no longer put myself out there to be vulnerable and give my all into people to just get let down. Life is too short to feel disappointment so that is why I choose who I do to be in my life. Everyone has this choice. If you feel that a relationship you are in is causing more hurt or sadness then it is time to let go and move on with your life. This world is so whacked out at times.. Unfortunately most of the world today learns to only care about materialistic things, media, sex, drugs.... some people just lost faith and hope and don't believe. They forgot how to just be a genuine & good person instead there are too many that abuse and are too involved in themselves to spread the love and to be a real person. I've been there and done that when I was at my lowest and weakest points....I think everyone goes through that at some point in their life but its up to them to break free from that and to step up and be change that they want to see... I've never lived a perfect life nor does anyone else  but I can truly sit here and say I am so proud of who I am and no longer live with regrets or waste my time on selfish people.I just let go and let God and that has changed my life tremendously... I encourage others to do the same.. remember be a leader not a follower....until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Great Blog, Sista. I need to follow some of these lessons as well and start leaving the negative people who are bringing me down at the door! Well said! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we all need to leave negative people at the door!! I love you too and thank you for being one of those positive, loving people in my life!! I am very grateful for YOU1! <3

      Delete
  2. EXACTLY! I saw this quote but can't find who said it "Our mind is our garden, Our thoughts are the seeds, So we can grow flowers, Or we can grow weeds. Grow nothing but positive thoughts." Good lesson to remind people :)
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronice!! I really like that quote and it is very true and a great reminder!! Thank you also to You, Jason and Miss M for being positive and supportive of me through my journey! I love you all!

      Delete