Monday, September 30, 2013

A new chapter in my life....





Things have been going pretty well for me....I have been feeling pretty good for the most part since getting over my recent sinus infection that really pulled me down and I am starting to feel "normal" again since adding another medicine to my synthroid regimen.... I now take 25mcg of cytomel which is a T3 supplement ...I have been reading that sometimes the T4 in synthroid which is supposed to convert to T3 just sometimes doesn't work as well as its supposed to and doesn't convert right so I decided I was sick of feeling like crap ....sleeping weird patterns...losing hair...gaining weight....even when my numbers were in the normal range....something wasn't right still...so I decided to ask my doctor to add this to my synthroid regimen and what a difference it has made.....I have more energy...my sleeping is back to normal....my hair got thicker and I am able to not yoyo with my weight so much.....its a great feeling! Lets pray and hope my body stays adjusted like this for a while!!

 Another positive thing that happened is I will be finally after almost 2 years, will be going back to work again. I will only be working a few hours but I think it will be perfect. I will be working back at Supercuts as a receptionist....I finally feel I am ready to get back into the swing of things! It is such a good feeling to be able to not just be making a little money to help out Jon and I but to get back into the salon world and to be in my atmosphere again....It has been nice to have the time off that I had to find myself again and become a stronger person, I am now at a point in my life where I am more content with having this cancer and knowing how to deal with it and I knew this was the right time to work again. Jon has been soo supportive of me through everything and I am so grateful to him. He has told me that I never had to work again if I didn't want to but he wanted me to do whatever makes me happy. I know how much he struggles with keeping us a float at times and knew that enough was enough and I couldn't let that happen anymore....I know it isn't going to be much more money but I feel good that I can help a little bit...even if its just with groceries....I feel it will be the perfect thing for me to do since it will only be 4 hour shifts at a time and I know that is totally doable with everything going on! I am very excited to start this new chapter in my life and continue to look at the positive of everything this life brings for me. Thank you Lord for giving me this wonderful opportunity!! Until Next time!! :)
 
 
Oh by the way....today ends thyroid cancer awareness month....I will NEVER stop spreading awareness though but please please please do me a huge favor and most of all yourself a HUGE favor....GET YOUR NECK CHECKED!!! Thank you all!!
 

5 comments:

  1. So thankful that you have been feeling pretty good!! I think it will be good for you to work a few hours a week...you'll enjoy it! Love your positive attitude!! XX00 Love- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything Mom said :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to work will be good for you! What a blessing that Wendy gave you this opportunity! Love ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin Nicole (Sceski) MacFarland, 27, of Ephrata, was called home by the LORD on January 30, 2015 after a long fight with Medullary Thyroid cancer.

    Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of William A. and Laurie (Veneski) Sceski of Lititz, and the beloved wife of 3 years to Jonathan MacFarland.

    Kristin was an inspiration to everyone she met, especially her family, friends, and fellow "Meddies" (medullary cancer survivors). Her many joys in life included cosmetology, a talent she utilized in her job as a hairstylist for SuperCuts; cooking, drawing, painting, photography, and writing on her personal blog. She had a love for all animals and felt most at peace when she was in nature. Kristin will be loved and missed by so many.

    ReplyDelete