Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm not crazy...it's just chemonesia....

So today was another good day....I had my 2 week follow up appointment at Penn and everything went well...all the side effects I have been having are pretty minimal and normal....my EKG was also very good and shows that my heart is still in good working order :) Like I've said many times before my biggest annoyance is the chemo brain....It literally makes me feel like I am a nutcase at times... my Husband tells me that I am actually sweeter and kinder on chemo...I guess that's a compliment right? lol ...I think I just realized that I don't ever want to take life for granted again


I was at Walmart today and I was looking around at all the people and soo many of them just looked miserable....I tried smiling at as many people as I could...sometimes people cracked a smile but most just looked at me like I was looney.....More people need to realize how precious life is and really cherish it....our lives are soo short and many of us take that for granted...I know I did before cancer came into my life. I have said this many times too, but I am glad God woke me up with the cancer diagnosis....its a kick in the ass that I think I needed...I'm not saying I'm happy about having cancer but I know this is all a part of His plan for me. So on another note ...my parents got me this queasy drops for nausea and upset stomach and they are great so far....they really helped to take the nausea away...would recommend them for anyone who gets nausea with either chemo, pregnancy or they help with many other things!


 I want to end this blog by just saying how much I love my parents....I am so blessed that God gave me the parents that I have....They have been there with me for everything...all of my doctor appointments...emotional...physical and financial support...I am so lucky to have them in my life. I can't count how many times we all laughed together today...they know how to put a smile on my face....so I just want to say Thank You Mom and Dad...I love you both soo much and I want to just thank you again for being such wonderful parents and doing everything you both possibly can to support and love your children like you do. Thank You...Thank You...Thank You!!! <3 Till next time.....
My Mom and Dad <3

Thank You Mom and Dad for teaching me to become the person that I am today..I love you!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that the queasy drops are working for you! Keep on smiling...you never know if a simple smile is just what someone needs to brighten their day up:)We are so grateful your appointment went well and had some good laughs too! Laughter is the best medicine!!Thank You....Thank You...Thank You....for just being you. We love you!!So blessed to have wonderful children...love you all!! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete