Thursday, May 9, 2013

Finally ...I'm back :)

Finally after a long enough wait we got our computer, so I can get back to blogging! Not a whole lot of new stuff has happened since I last blogged...This weekend is my cousin Alyssa and Tylers wedding so I am very excited for that...Us girls will all be going to get mani's and pedis tomorrow...can't wait to relax during that...

my next Dr appointment at Philly is next week ....that will just be a follow up appointment where I will get my normal EKG and bloodwork...then a week after that I will be getting my scans done to see if the chemo is shrinking tumors and the week following that I will have to go to philly again for the results of the scans....a lot of Philly trips ahead in my future! All in all i've been feeling pretty good....still have a pretty good amount of energy and stomach issues have been kept to a minimum....my Dr says that this next month coming up could be a little more difficult since my chemo will start to be at its peak and then some side effects should get better and less noticable. So i am looking forward to me getting more and more used to the side effects....that will be a big relief when that happens!



 Jon and I continue to grow stronger and stronger in our relationship....He is my best friend and I love him soo much...I can't thank God enough for putting such a wonderful, caring and strong man into my life. We have been taking time out every night for some dedication time out of the bible. It has made us much stronger in our marriage and its a nice quiet time to forget about whats going on around us and to just concentrate on God and our life together. 


 Our garden is starting to come up nicely....the beans are sprouting up, also hot peppers, tomatoes, radish's and spinach. Also, our herbs are starting to poke up from the dirt as well. I love the idea of a garden ,watching the seeds that we planted growing into delicious veggies....yum! I can't wait until they are fully harvested...we've been loving to grill lots of veggies on the grill so far so I can't wait until we can try our own garden veggies :)

I have also got some more sunshine bags....unfortunately I wasn't thinking to take pictures of stuff when I didn't have the computer but I will share with You what I got~
My parents- They got me lots of fun and warm socks, body wash, chocolate covered oreos, high spf lotion, also a book I have been wanting to read by one of my meddies in the meddie group I am a part of! Thank you Mom and Dad!! I love you both very much and love my gifts!
Melanie- got me the book The Vow....i'm sure many of You have seen the movie The Vow but I highly recommend the book because it has a totally different view from the movie and it talks about believing in God and having faith through everything. It was a beautiful book...I wish the movie showed that side of the book in it! She also got me a candle and pretty candle holder and a faith willow tree angel...that i love! Thanks Melanie!!
Corey & Kristin- They got me a oil bottle for salad dressings or olive oils which had different inspirational words on it, a set of great smelling yankee candle candles, and a larger yankee candle that also smells amazing!Thank You guys so much!!
Liz Rowe- Liz is one of my sisters friends! Liz got me a yankee candle beach smelling car air freshner, a cute sunflower fridge magnet, a little sunflower candle and a little decoration for the house! This stuff makes me think of the ocean and I love ocean so thank you so much Liz!




I still continue to be in awe of all of the thoughtful things people have done for Jon and I during this time! I am so thankful to Our Lord for blessing me with such wonderful, and generous people in my life! You all have been such angels to me and it will be something that I  hold special for the rest of my life! Thank You All!!!  Well I think that pretty much updates everyone on what has been going on lately!! I hope everyone has a wonderful upcoming weekend!! :) Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are back on and blogging sista! I think we can all agree that we all enjoy reading your blogs and it helps us gain a better perspective on our own lives and what is really important! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete