Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Slaying the Giant of Fear...




I used to be a very spoiled, self- centered person. I took advantage of people although im sure many didn't realize. I was manipulative and always felt like I deserved whatever I wanted....I am ashamed that I was that way...the person I used to be. I am so glad that person is long gone....I am constantly changing every day. I am a far better person now then I used to be...I genuinly care for people and want the best for them. I want better for me to...I really hated myself before and I still have a long way to go but I am starting to accept myself. My husband is constantly telling me how my self esteem is so low and he doesn't understand it. I never really felt good about myself ...I hated many things about myself. I never thought cancer would change me in such a positive way. I am starting to feel the best I have ever felt. I am starting to feel like the real me that I knew was deep down inside my soul this whole time. It is such a great feeling.



 I can thank so many people for helping me become who I want to be but the top person to thank is God. He has brought me through this and keeps me so strong. I have so much faith in Him and know that without Him in my life I would be absolutely no where. I have always believed in God but I don't think in the past I truely trusted...I didn't understand why certain things happen to certain people or to me. Now I give all my trust to the Lord because He has been such a huge part in me getting through this cancer and I know that whatever happens in the future is meant to happen. Death is in everyones future but I am not scared at all...I am excited for when that day comes that I can be with My Lord forever and have eternal peace and happiness. Society today is so scared of the word Death and yes it could be a scary thing if you look at it that way, but we need to look at death as a positive thing and that God will take care of us. Have faith & trust that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. My Husband and I have been taking time out everyday to pray and read from the Bible. We are currently reading a book together that is called Slaying The Giants in Your Life. Right now we are reading about Slaying the giant of fear (Deuteronomy 1:19-40) I want to end my blog today with a verse from the bible which Jon and I read together yesterday...maybe it can help others like it helped us...." The Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed" ( Deuteronomy 31:8) Until Next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment