Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dr's and cheesecake...a great combination :)

Haven't blogged in a bit.....so yesterday I had another Philly appointment....just a check up...they did my normal EKG which was good and also did some bloodwork and bloodpressure checks....everything turned out great with all of that...so far so good. I thought I was going to have to go back everyweek for the next 3 weeks but turns out I only have to go back next month...so I am excited to get a little break here. My next trip will be finding out the results of my MRI and catscans to see if the chemo is shrinking the tumors...a little nerve raking but I have faith it will all turn out just the way it is supposed to.
 
 After my appointment we all went to the cheesecake factory and got some good grub. I have always wanted to go to the cheesecake factory and I really enjoyed it...the cheesecake was to die for! Just got to check another thing off my bucket list :) The little things truely do make me soo happy!! Thanks Kelli for taking us and treating us to a delicious meal!! Love you soo much!! xoxo


I got a new sunshine bag...unfortunately I can't take a picture because my camera ran out of batteries...but this sunshine bag was from my Aunt Renee/ Uncle John and family....they got me cute herb signs for my garden...some prevention health magazines....a tshirt that pretty much says kick cancers butt! and also some awesome watercolor paints and canvas's which I already got out and painted up a little something! Thank You all so much for the sunshine bag! I loved it!!


Jon is with his little brother today...he joined the big brother/little brother program. They went to play laser tag and then go play some basketball as long as the rain holds out. I think this is such an awesome program and I know will not only impact his little brother but will impact Jon in a positive way as well! I am also excited to know that we can make a difference in someones life! Such a great program! Well that is all for now! Till next time...

3 comments:

  1. I was glad I could make it to one of your appts and treat you guys at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a lot of fun. I can see why you guys are always so tired after your appt it's exhausting running to Penn! I think it's awesome that Jon joined the big brothers program. That will definitely benefit both Jon and the little boy! Love you Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Kristin!!So very happy that your appointment went well. Nice treat from Kelli...I have heard the Cheesecake Factory is good but just never ate there because you know how much I love cheesecake!lol Your new Sunshine bag sounds awesome and it's great that they make your day brighter even when your not having a good one. You have so many kind and supportive people in your life and you are such an inspiration to all of us. Kuddos to Jon for joining the Big Brothers program and making a difference in his little brothers life...that is so wonderful!!Love you!!!Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to blogging AND that you only have to go back next month. We will continue to pray for you. And I can't wait to hear more about Jon being a big brother--I always thought that would be such a fun thing to do! Well...be part of the big sister program :)LOVE YOU! ~Ronice

    ReplyDelete