Friday, August 16, 2013

Hypo, Hyper and other news....



I have been feeling decent lately....I had a couple really, really good days. I got a lot done those days and am very happy about that. I usually have a few really good days then a couple not so great days where I am in pain which is where I am today. Mentally I still feel OK...a little brain fog but physically my body is in pain. It hurts to move around in bed and forget about trying to get out of bed at times...sucks when  you have to pee during the night or the worst is when the dreaded "D" hits lol it takes me quite a few minutes to get going especially during the night or first thing in the morning ...I notice days like this I sleep more often and just take it easy. My whole body just aches and it feels like I  have been hit with a mac truck... So I always allow myself days like that and I am pretty good at knowing when my body really needs rest and when I can do more ...then I usually snap out of it and have a few really good days again when I have all the energy in the world...so those days I really try to take advantage of it ...its quite a process! A lot of this has to do with not just the cancer but most likely my TSH hormone ...which is a pill that I take for the rest of my life(called synthroid) to replace the hormone released by the thyroid which I no longer have in my body....so it doesn't quite work the same as it would if you actually still had the organ in your body...and since mine was removed because of the cancer, it has been a very up and down rollercoaster since then. I go from one extreme to the next....I can go from being in a HYPERthyroid state(When my body is absorbing too much of the thyroid hormone I take) where I am having insomnia, sweating like crazy. heart palpitations, shaking, and decreased concentration and many more symptoms to being in a HYPOthyroid state( when my body isn't absorbing the thyroid hormone I take) which is where I am at now that results in weight gain, hair loss, fatigue, body pain and swelling, extremely dry skin, muscle weakness, slow heart rate, depression, impaired memory...and many more. I have had a hormone adjustment and my TSH is slowly getting to normal but it can take up to 6 weeks to get there and then I usually stay good for a little bit and then it goes all whack again ..either one way or another. To be completely honest with you...it really sucks bad to be yo-yoing back and fourth between the two...I feel at times like I am never "normal" and it gets old fast...but I keep trucking along and doing my best to keep moving forward no matter how I feel that day. One thing I always try to do no matter what i'm feeling is my hair and makeup...that gives me a little boost of confidence and makes me feel a little bit better...this doesn't happen all the time especially on the days when I can't function well but I try my best to still do myself up a bit and have some pride.


Other news:
Jon and I ( def more jon) recently put a new laminate flooring downstairs(thanks to home depot credit lol)....and I was able to score some free paint during an ACE hardware event to paint our kitchen cabinets....just doing these little touches to the house really helped to make the house seem more like a home to me...it isn't much but the little things do make me happy...although I could truly care less if I live in a RV( which by the way Jon and I have talked about several times just picking up with our animals and leaving and being gypsies/ hobos lol...of course this isn't realistic) It is still nice to be able to do a few little things here and there to feel better in your home...especially since I am here quite a bit!! But the recent additions definitely gave it a warmer/ cozier feeling which I do love!


 It  has been very difficult since being diagnosed to have the money to do things or fix things up....so we just try to be satisfied with what we have...we may not have a glamorous lifestyle but it is our life and we are pretty happy with it and there is more love between us then anything materialistic can do for us...of course it would always be nice to have a little extra cash once in a while instead of automatically going to bills..so we can do things together more often or go on little trips and make more memories together but we always make it through no matter what....and God has always provided at our weakest moments or moments when we don't think we are going to have money to get groceries that week or pay this or that bill...so we are very very thankful and gracious and are very thankful for the continued help from our families and friends...from anything from giving us a few groceries to making us a meal or starting fundraisers to help us financially....You all don't realize how much you have helped make a difference in our lives and it seems it is always at the perfect times...Thank You all from the bottom of our hearts...well I guess that is all today...until next time my friends....


4 comments:

  1. Kristin - It would be so nice if your TSH would stay normal! I'm so happy that you had some good days in a row. If I did all you did I would be exhausted! The house looks so nice and very cozy! Love the floor and the color of the cabinets!!You guys did a great job! Sorry that your in pain today...praying that tomorrow will be a better day! Things will all work out and no I will not allow you and Jon to become hobo's!!lol Love you XXXOOO - Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know mom! It is getting better I can tell with how I feel! I love you and dad very much and hey you and dad can come be hobos with jon and I!! Something to think about ... ;)

      Delete
  2. How do I explain to McCartney that her Aunt and Uncle are hobos? LOL Glad you are getting good days and I am praying they continue to be the majority of your days! Can't wait to see the changes to the house in person! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks Ronice! You will get to see it Friday! :)

      Delete