Wednesday, June 12, 2013

And life goes on.....

So I found out the other day a few results of my latest scans.... My chest and neck still look good and continue to be stable but that pesky liver is still wanting to act up and be a little resistant to the chemo....damn liver....my surgeon told me that a few spots grew a little bit and there are a few more tumors..but he said nothing substantial which made me feel a little better but was definitely hoping that everything would have been stable or shrunk... was feeling a little discouraged after I found out but am trying my best to get back into gear ...keep fighting and staying positive....the good news is also your liver can hold a pretty large tumor burden before it starts to act up and start being a big problem....not sure exactly how much a large tumor burden is but hopefully i'm not close to being at that point!! The results are not from my oncologist, I go see her on Friday in Philly but I send a copy to my cancer surgeon and also to my oncologist. My cancer surgeon is wonderful about getting results back ASAP and kinda gives me a little heads up so I sort of know what to expect when I get to Philly. That way i'm not freaking out too much. I am so grateful for that. I am hoping when I go down to Philly is when I will get exact answers and figure out what the next step will be..I am hoping they keep me on the chemo because it has only been a little over 2 months and I don't feel like that is nearly enough time to really see it work and plus I am not mentally, physically or emotionally ready to start a new chemo drug at this point especially since I am just getting used to this one...I guess I should just be happy that their will be other options on chemo drugs when the time comes...


Today I am watching my Niece McCartney. She always makes me smile and forget about things. She is such a huge blessing in my life and I love that little girl to pieces. It makes me happy knowing that if children are not in Jon & I's future that I will be able to watch McCartney grow up. It is such a joy to see and exciting to see her learn new things all the time. She is getting so big and so fast! I love her so much!! Well I guess that is all for today...till next time...
I love her <3

No comments:

Post a Comment