Monday, November 25, 2013

A new chapter in my journey...the best is yet to come...




So have been doing little things to prepare for my new lifestyle change. I am gradually adding all healthier whole raw and organic foods a little bit at a time and also now have most of the tools I need to start my new life. I am feeling so good about all of this. I know it is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done in my entire life and is a bit scary...obviously I was not a very healthy eater at all and I ate whatever I wanted....(and no this is not how or why I got cancer... although I'm sure my past lifestyle didn't help AT ALL but my cancer is also genetic and I've had the gene in my body since I was born.) This cancer was my wake up call and made me realize how precious our bodies are and how abusive I was being towards my body and also mind.


I have such a different mindset now though then I used to...I have been on every diet you can imagine since I was a teen(which is my first mistake) and never stuck to anything really before...


...but that was when I had a super negative mindset and just still didn't love myself enough to try and had absolutely no will power. It is amazing how different I am now...first, I don't look at this as a "diet"....this is a complete lifestyle change and also possibly for me a lifesaver change that I am making. Do I wish I would have done this sooner...absolutely...but I can't go back in time now and I can't change anything so this is where I am starting this new chapter in my journey. I am very ready for all of these changes in my life and I have such an amazing support system who are backing me up 150%. It is so wonderful to have such amazing people in my life and makes my choices that much easier. My next stop will be talking with my oncologist on Dec 5th- I am not sure what is going to happen at that appointment- I am hoping that I will be supported but everyone is entitled to their opinions but it all comes down to this being my life and my body and this I feel is the best chance for me to really live and overcome this cancer and to be the healthiest I can possibly be. After I focus on me and get myself together and start feeling better and better my next goal in my journey will be starting work again as soon as I am up and ready!!!



This was a wonderful weekend- Jon's best friend Matt came over Saturday and we all went to the shooting range together- I never shot any type of gun before so this was a first for me!!


 Matt had his 100 year old .22 rifle so it was easy and fun to shoot!! Another check off of my lifelist!! Then Sunday was my furry nephew Elway's 1st birthday party!! He is so cute and Indy had fun!!
 
Today I used my new juicer for the very first time! It was awesome and so fun/easy to use. I made my first juice concoction out of kale,spinach,sweet potato,carrot,apples,oranges and a little lemon- It was very delicious and I look forward to juicing every single day and coming up with new and healthy drinks!!! I also started my day out with a fresh banana/kefir/raw kimchi juice smoothie- (for all that don't know kimchi is fermented veggies and kefir is fermented milk drink that is made with kefir grains- it is very similar to yogurt but with 13 different good for your body bacteria's and probiotic organisms.)



I hope everyone has a very wonderful and happy Thanksgiving day coming up!!! Gobble,Gobble!!!I am so thankful for so many things- My wonderful and amazing Hubby,Family and Friends...having a roof over my head and food in my belly...and also having so so many of you supporting me and helping me through everything...I am so very thankful to have an amazing relationship with my Lord and Savior and for his continued grace and mercy and most of all love he has shown me on a daily basis and for helping me to be strong and become the person that I am today...Don't just count your blessings on Thanksgiving ...count them every day..God bless all of you....until next time my friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment